Friday 23 October 2009

Day 10: Running To Stand Still

As far as my titles (above) are concerned you'll have to excuse the constant references to songs. I actually was thinking of U2's song "With or without you" while running this morning. Yes ex appeared again, in fact a long and vivid dream that had a bit of a lasting effect through theearly  morning. My mum commented at breakfast "you're very quiet this morning are you alright?" I'm sure if I understand irony correctly that there is some in there somewhere. I reassured her that I was fine, just thinking. My point about 'With or without you' by U2 was Bono (the lead singer) sings 'I can't live with or without you.' I'm not harking back to my wallowing in self pity. I just thought well yes you can. face it you have to, the other option is death and no, I've had some dark thoughts in the early weeks of all this but no. It's dawning on me that I have to unstitch myself from her, separation is exactly that. It may seem blindingly obvious to others but things like this are taking their time to come to the surface for me. There really are some very literal things I need to think through and act upon. 
I'm a bit thrown writing this. I cant access my blog from my PC so I'm writing it from my Mac. It's still a qwerty keyboard but subtle little things are laid out differently. I use my Mac for work (I'm a Sound Designer) and it seems strange using it to blog. I like to keep work very separate from home. I'm also beginning to hate the word home, I would prefer to use the word transition area. I'm not really sure when I will be able to use the word home again. I won't own my own home once the bank have taken it back, at 42 there's very little chance of owning one again. I'll be renting and it will be someones home that I'm borrowing. Maybe I'll think differently once I've moved, for the moment that's one I'll leave to think about later. 
I've started listening to music again.  Another personal achievement! I've even downloaded some new music. In the past I've stuck to downloading old classics, I know the lyrics and they feel comfortable. I've used them to reflect on past 'dramas' that don't hurt anymore. By downloading new music I'm looking at it as moving on, something new. But I'm also very aware that I'm creating a new soundtrack for this period of my life, something I can play in the months and years to come, songs I can play, look back on and it won't hurt. 
I got cross with Jake yesterday. Sometimes I get impatient with him, which I hate. I prefer to save my impatience for other people, not Jake. He was doing something that didn't deserve the response he got. I didn't think he was reacting intelligently when I questioned him about something wrong that he was doing. Actually he was just reacting in an Aspie way. I, of all people should have understood that, I just don't sometimes. I walked off thought about it and went back and had a chat and a hug with him. Reassured him that it really is just him and me at the moment and we will face things together and look after each other. He got his Nintendo DSI back and thus is now happy! I can hug Jake without that normal horrible shudder I feel when touching someone. 
I've just had a huge nasty moral dilemma . My Step daughter just sent me a text asking if she could borrow a further £200 (I lent her £50 yesterday.) She ended the text saying she couldn't explain why. Well, I knew what that meant, for her mum. Ex is worse with money than I am. I sent a text back saying I would happily lend her the money but it wasn't fair to ask me to ask me if this was for her mum. I feel really awful doing that. I don't know if that was right or not. I tried phoning my friend who I mentioned a few blogs ago, but she's not answering her mobile. Step daughter has just sent a text saying she hopes she hasn't upset me she was just trying to help her family. I replied that I felt bad but I couldn't be part of it, that it was  illogical but I just couldn't do it. I explained I've had to become hard through all of this and I hate myself for it. 
I don't know if what I have done is right, but I do know I may end up going to the bank and transferring it for her. I hope not but I think I might. 

1 comment:

  1. I like the U2 album "The Joshua Tree" as well, and I like the song references. Creating a soundtrack is an idea that resonates with me as well - there are some songs that I instantly associate with certain periods of my life, but they don't hurt, it's just a reminder. And music is so therapeutic.

    I used to have a Mac that I used for visual design work, and yes it does feel different. I eventually switched to PC full time.

    You're not alone with the feeling of having to unstitch yourself from someone.

    ReplyDelete